Monday, August 23, 2010

Fabulous, Extraordinary News!!

My friend just let me know that she will be getting a beautiful, new kidney after all. Apparently, she just found out that she was the last one chosen in a long line of live kidney donations stretching from New York to San Diego. Someone who has a loved one who needs a kidney but doesn't have a matching donor gives to another needy pairing who passes one to the next pair, and so on. It's a new way of matching up donors.

My friend will get her kidney on Wednesday, only two months after we would have had our surgeries. I am SO HAPPY for her!!!!

(Sometimes it is really hard to have Faith in the twists of Life, but so often it comes out for the best in the end!)

1 comment:

Rachel @ Suburban Yogini said...

Fantastic news!!!

Faith is hard, and sometimes we can be so full of doubt but everything does always work out in the end.

Thank you for sharing this story. There's a lesson I really needed to hear right now.