Friday, January 30, 2009

A Pause

So, chances are good that if you're reading this, I'm also a reader of your stuff. Probably your blog.

I'd like to just say that I wish I'd had more to say lately. I read your posts you know. I soak them in, I reflect upon them. I'm just not sure what comment to leave.

I haven't been writing much here either. So it is. For now.

I came across this poem in my files today while looking for grant info. Thought it would be something good to post. Guess I'm letting other people do the heavy word lifting for me.

Love after Love

By Derek Walcott

The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other’s welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I read blogs every morning as part of my ritual, but seldom do I comment because I don't want to do it just for its own sake.

Like this comment right now. I'm really not saying anything except that I don't like commenting that says nothing.

So..

Hi Marie!

How are you?!?

How goes the grant writing?

Okay. now I feel better

Marie said...

Very Funny!!
M