Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Birthday Weekend Party

Monday, January 19, 2015

Seaport Village - Pier Café

Long but fun weekend. Celebration of freedom and social change and  - for us - a day free from school and the liberty to roam a bit. A group on the cusp, not quite adults, but absolutely not children. Very amicable and cooperative as we flow from activity to note-worthy site.

B wants to spend her moments in this cafe writing and soaking in the ambiance. She pulls a notebook from her bag, filled with her novel in progress and a serious writer's notes on an array of colored post-its. I remember those days and in solidarity, I grab some loose papers and a pen. Free flyers in bright canary yellow because I can't find a journal I like well enough to buy and I don't have one with me today. Writing on hand has been on hold for me for a while. The computer is useful but doesn't have the same soul as the motion of the hand across the page.

*****

(Draft Fragment)

40 stories closer to Heaven
Lifted in one group
The floor pressing from our feet
To lift us en masse

Lights scattered from a glowing box of jewels across the land
Reaching even as far as Mexico, across the country...

No comments: