Friday, September 11, 2009

A Request for Blessings

Right now my father is in surgery, being mended of his physical ills.

Right now, I sit with pain so intense I believe my heart would break

...if it had not broken long ago.

Right now I tell myself, "Breathe, Everything will be okay. Find the positive thread. Find the healing path."

I wash the pain out of my heart and replace it with love, and hope, and gladness for new possibilities.

No matter how threatened or empty I may feel, change brings possibility. The flow of life's patterns do not diminish me; they do not leave me behind, forgotten and unloved. Rather, they open new and exciting doors to new possibilities.

Please, can we move past the pain and the illness, in the same way that my breath is even now soothing my aching heart? Please, mend the bridges, write the letters, offer that open, forgiving hand to someone in need next to you.

Focus on the healing and the love that connects us.

2 comments:

Michelle Moran said...

Oh my gosh... I am thinking of you, sending every positive thought your dad's way.

green ink said...

Thinking of you Marie xx