Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reflections

I haven't been doing a lot of writing lately. I've noticed that I've lost my touch, my timing. You can tell because I haven't blogged that much. When I started this blog, I had only fuzzy intentions - I wanted to write more, I wanted to feel "published", I wanted to build a record of my life's events, I wanted to speak... and to be heard, I wanted to get... better.

In lots of ways then, this blog has done exactly as I hoped it would. It's opened me to technology. It has put me in touch with beauty and ideas and experiences from every corner of the globe. It has accompanied me in my writing.

What it hasn't done is become commercial. It is not a platform, not in the sense of the word that I could use it to sell books. It has not won me any popularity contests. But I'm not sure I ever wanted to win those to start with.

This blog has been a beginning for me. This blog has been a witness to love, and tremendous loss, and pain. George Michels sings "That's all I wanted - something special, something sacred in your eyes" and I think, yes, that fits here. That is what this blog has been - my spiritual tool into a realm of sacred growth.

"Until the end of time"

No comments: