Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tidings of Comfort and Joy, Comfort and Joy

I'm going out to dinner with my friends tonight. We've been doing this fairly regularly, meeting up for a few hours with good food and wine when their kids have their nights with their fathers and I slip away from my family for a bit.

The company of women is wonderful - healing, fun, supportive. Today, I am grateful for friends in general. I know that no matter what I'm going through there are people out there who love me, who sincerely care, and who will stick with me through the ups and downs.

So that's on my mind today: friendship and appreciation. Reliance on the companionship of others.

And I know what I'll say, "Thank you for the friendship and support that you are offering me. I feel it, and I appreciate it. I return it to you. It really does comfort me."

No comments: