Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Back to the Blog

Wow. It's been so long since I've written here.

And I intend to write more here. Really, I do. I love the space and history that this blog gives me. I suppose it's just that over time, my routines have slowly changed. What used to be a daily writing habit in this space became more of a daily work habit in my real world business. Gladly, most of my computer-accessible hours are now filled with tasks for my job... and with many, many deadlines. :)

Still, though, it's hard to believe that the entire summer got past me without even a peek at these words. The new school schedule is starting up. My work schedule is always shaped around that, and this year, I've slotted in some time for more expressive writing, stuff I do just for fun, like my fiction and my thoughts here. So I think I will be more frequent and regular.

Sitting here, typing this, takes me right back to all those other times and places that I've opened up to this site and let my fingers fly. Cafes scattered across so many cities. So many lattes and teas and crumbles of pastry to accompany my work. Nowadays I rarely even make it to cafes. My work is pressing enough that my home office is most actually my work space; going out is a treat. Still though, maybe something of those days will come again. I'll do errands less, and I'll dream just a little bit more. And write what I imagine.

No comments: