Friday, February 27, 2009

Purnam Adah, Purnam Idam (This is Perfect, That is Perfect)

This is for Elle, who's been reading, and grieving, and asking lots of questions.

Ecclesiastes Collage*

The madness of folly
More bitter than death
Who is like the wise man
As you do not know the path

“Look! This is something new!”
It was here already, long ago
No remembrance of men of old
Not remembered by those who follow.

Since no man knows the future
Who can tell him what is to come?
A chasing after the wind
There’s nothing new under the sun

Eat your food with gladness
Pleases the eye to see the sun
What has been will be again
What has been done, be done.




A Collage is a poem composed of lines taken from a different text or texts. These lines were drawn verbatim from the book of Ecclesiastes in NIV Bible.

P.S. (Mostly for Bridge) If you were caught by yesterday's dramatic post, so was I. D did call. Things are as okay as they can be for now. Pray that they will be dramatically better. I am.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Collage is new to me, and I like it. I understand all of the emotions coming from all of your posts; I, like so many, have felt all of the things you have posted, and I admire you for posting these things. Thank you.

I write this for you and if you don't want it on your blog; don't post it. I will still be a fan and follower. I don't care if anyone else reads this or has it to read...

Art said...

Hi

I posted new art today and thought that maybe it would in some way inspire a poem from you

Bridge said...

thanks for the update.
thanks for the poem.