Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Dose of Inspiration

According to Robin Sloan, world traveler and creator of cutting edge fiction, he just received a tweet that his new book is done printing and ready for shipping to customers.

Using his online connections as a distribution base, Sloan was able to bypass a more traditional publishing route. Posting his writing project on Kickstarter.com yielded Sloan more than $13,000 in advance sales from committed backers.

Reminds me of the patrons and salons of the literary past.

Personally, I cannot wait to get my copies of this fresh book and see the results of a fascinating, new approach!

2 comments:

* said...

Love the Plato & Campbell quotes.

And yes, that is an innovative idea that led to publication. Congrats are in order!!

* said...

OK, just read your comment on my blog (feeling a little giddy!). When I meet other home birthers, I want to sing a song!

Your Master's thesis sounds awesome, would love to read it someday (is it on your blog by chance?).

Stop by any time for a chocolate chip waffle... they're calorie free!