Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time Warner Cable Should Be Avoided!!!!

Time Warner Cable has not worked properly - ever - in the almost two years we've had it.

Despite multiple service calls, our reception keeps "tiling" or breaking up into fragmented squares of nothingness. It only tiles on the channels we want to watch when we want to watch them.

Repeated technical visits fix it temporarily and within a week, the problem returns. The only lasting thing the visits yielded was an incorrect charge on our bill for an extra cable converter box that we don't have. That I can't make go away!

Now, Time Warner refuses to discuss any billing or service with me, including their past promises to credit our account, because my husband's name is on the bill instead of mine. He's too busy to deal with their run-around any more than he already has.

Major NEW problem is that last month I sent them the wrong check by mistake. AND THEY CASHED IT!

That's right. They illegaly and unethically cashed a check made out to Southern California Edison for a different amount than what they cashed it for. Yep.

I just got off the phone with my credit union and they were appalled. Not only is this unethical, it is blatantly ILLEGAL behavior on the part of a business. Any individual would go to jail for fraud. The credit union advised me to prosecute.

But you know what? I can't talk to Time Warner about it, because they will not budge off of their "billing security practices" enough to straighten it out with me.

Apparently, they only break the law, not their customer code.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEESH! I've had trouble like this in the past with our cable company, but never have they cashed illegal checks.

Totally off topic, I love, love, LOVE the photo you have at the top of your Family blog.