Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Good Morning?

I am slow today, so s-l-o-w...

I didn't get enough sleep for the third or fourth night in a row. Fell asleep too late and woke up too early, for no good reasons.

Found myself at Walmart in the still dawn-infused light, spending $35 on umbrellas of dubious quality and appearance. At least, they are large. It rained last week for six days straight; more rain is forecast today. When I broke my third umbrella Friday, I thought I'd pick up another one.

Not so easy to do here in "sunny" Southern California. Walmart was the sixth store I've stopped by, the first one to actually have ANY umbrellas in stock. I bought their last three.

So if it rains, I can keep myself, and two select others (probably my offspring) dry.

Now I just need to get back to that sleep thing. This is the torture part of working from home, where technically I have enough of a job that I will feel terribly guilty if I go back to bed, but I don't actually have co-workers ringing my desk and thus preventing me from snoring my way to oblivion like the actual work world provides.

I guess it's time to turn to coffee.

1 comment:

* said...

Yes, I've noticed umbrellas selling in stands at the front of all our stores here, in Southern NV.

Here's to a little more sleep this week. I've been skipping out on sleep, too.