Saturday, January 30, 2010

Panic Comes to Los Angeles



Despite a week where crankiness overtook me periodically like a bad scratch cutting across a favorite LP, I find myself in a great mood right now.

I'm hanging out on the couch, basically ignoring housework and being lazy-tired while the girls and hubby sort out the laundry. Tomorrow, we're going to drive all the way to Santa Monica to see a crazy Belgium cartoon I read about in the paper today.

Check out any of the excerpts from A Town Called Panic at youtube. My daughters are delighted with its frenzied fun, and I am looking forward to the feeling of urbane sophistication at the edge of the sea.

A trip to SM means the pier and roller coaster, merry-go-round, aquarium, 3rd Street Promenade where we favor the yoga shops and the Indian imports store, and probably vegetarian fare, Pinkberry and/or ridiculously good cupcakes. I say it's well worth the drive. (That's actually the SM pier in the header photo, from our last trip.)

None of the house is clean enough and my work is not all done. So what? I'm taking a break and coming back into a new month raring to go!

4 comments:

kiwibok said...

Have a ball! It sounds like fun :-)

kiwibok said...

Hope you have a great time!

Marie said...

Thank you! We had a blast!! The movie was crazy and silly and the girls loved it. We browsed bookstores and the aquarium and the pier. We decided the cupcakes are TOO sweet, but we all loved the tofu and veggies at Buddha's Belly Restaurant!

Hope you're doing well!
M

kiwibok said...

That sounds like lots of fun :-)
(and apologies for my 'double' comment) I thought I'd lost the first one but then realised that comments were moderated...
enjoy your week!
x