Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome to Yoga

I have to admit. Over the last year, my yoga practice has slowed down to its lowest level in the five years that I've been practicing. As a busy modern woman, with a marriage to preserve (going quite nicely, thanks!) two young children to care for, a passion for writing fiction, and my own business to run, I've let general busyness erode my devotion and commitment.

And I've felt the consequences. Weight has crept on. Achiness has crept in. I feel years older than I used to.

it's been an interesting and dramatic - if unintended - experiment.

But with the new year, I've renewed my commitment to yoga. And I have to say that each minute I find to practice has been fabulous. Yes, each actual minute feels better.

I entered class today apprehensive about a few mild injuries - hip joints complaining, hamstring unhappy, and for the first time ever, a twinge in my knee. But, you know what?

Moving is better than not moving.

It really is that simple. After the last hour and a half, I feel refreshed and renewed. And much more agile.

The year is still young. Want to join me in a commitment to motion?

No comments: