Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Morning!

I hope your day is going well so far. Maybe you're well into your morning routines; maybe, like me, it's more of a groggy start to the day. It seems like things have been going well lately, some encouraging developments. If there's one thing I feel the older I get it is a deep admiration and respect for those who persevere. It's not easy to keep going in the face of Life's challenges, yet some people do. I appreciate that. There's a dependability to people who thrive no matter what.

I suppose I'm one of those people, and that makes me recognize that quality in others. Often great success is simply a refusal to give up. The last time I talked to my sad friend she was explaining how she truly believed that she would never have the chance to date anyone again. That she would NEVER meet a good man. And I couldn't help it -- I laughed outright. Her beliefs are so patently ridiculous. It is the opposite of what I'm talking about here. I actually told her, "You are being ridiculous!" She just wants to feel sorry for herself, and have some company at her pity party. But this woman is a size 0, funny, smart, has a career, two masters degrees, is a ton of fun -- there's no way she's going to be "alone forever".

So here's to determination and big results from taking very small steps! Here's to having an enduring sense of hope. Here's to self-worth. And to friendships in the meantime.

No comments: