Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Great Line

If you grew up in the seventies, like me, maybe you were lucky enough to watch that great series The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby (so charming in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father") as mild-mannered Dr. David Banner.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that great. I remember a lot of chases, loud music, explosions and ridiculously ripped clothing. Still though it was fun to a nine year old.

Lately, I keep hearing that fabulous quote in my mind. Dr. David Banner, calm, going about his business, slightly tight-lipped, attempting to disregard the weasel-faced intrusions of the nemesis reporter, and warning him off : "Don't make me angry, Mr. McGee. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...and I know EXACTLY why you wrote this..

You were in line somewhere, maybe at the grocery store, and you were dying to use that weren't you?

It's okay. You can tell us. We've all wanted to say it to someone..

Marie said...

Oh goodness! Thank you for starting my day with a burst of outloud laughter!! Someday I really must hang out with you and watch you navigate everyday events... I'm remembering the donut drive-thru story.

Actually, I'm generally sweet and compassionate with my fellow humans. Really. I even let people cut in front of me in traffic. Even here in SoCal. And when they aggressively cut me off, I just take a deep cleansing breath and let it go.

There's only a few special people that ruffle me enough to make me angry.

Wouldn't it be cool if you really did turn into an Incredible Hulk (but maybe with better eyebrows)? That might be useful sometimes... Hmmm...

Unknown said...

Hey, don't insult the Hulk's brows, man.