Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Wonderful News

A few months ago, I submitted my first story - to a college literary journal. Guess what?? They're publishing it!!!!

I can't believe my luck. My very first submission!

It's a simple start, but who cares? I'm a published writer now. Published. Yeah, baby. I knew they'd go for all the artsy allusions I wove through the narrative.

I mean I must have beaten out handfuls of other submittors. True, I have roughly double the life experience that they do, thus more to draw from in my writing.

Still, I'm thrilled.

Next stop, The New Yorker.

5 comments:

Corrine said...

Woot! Woot!!

Great things happen to good people!
Way to go, Chick!

green ink said...

You should be thrilled!!! Well done! Can't wait to read it! x

Michelle Moran said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! SO not surprised... :] I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

What's the publication so I can get my copy?!?

Marie said...

Thank you all! When it comes out, I'd be happy to mail a copy to anyone who wants to email me their (to be kept private!) address.

Mich and Turner Family - I already have yours!