Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"This is the Day"

I have the lyrics to this song posted on my writing wall. My eye fell on them while I was printing out a grant earlier.

Ah, grants. Despite my dedicated work pace of late, I cannot keep up. I currently have 36 proposals and letters that need to go out ASAP. That's right. THIRTY SIX!

I'm so glad to have the work, but it's discouraging to devote all the time I can to it, while still juggling all the mom/household stuff, and get farther and farther behind.

I asked three friends in a row to work with me as an assistant/colleague or partner. But they all declined in their own ways. Leaving me with a burgeoning workload and an increasingly intense schedule.

I've been up since 3 am already, trying to get caught up. Jarred awake by those "memories/ that hold your life together like/glue." Do you ever wake up and start thinking and then realize, Uh Oh, I'm on the wakeful track? Caught by certain memories that spool over and over in the mind, creating their own special stories, different each time. Like carefully constructed paper airplanes arching across the clear blue sky.


No comments: