Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Closing In

Bad news in the paper this morning. First thing I saw when I finished making breakfast.

New laws that impact me. Significant restrictions on a routine part of my life. And now follows all the posturing on the part of lawmakers and the uncertainty of how or when or if enforcement happens. Probably a new round of visits to my lawyer and legal expenses.

Sigh. This puts the normal issues in my marriage into a different perspective. I almost feel nostalgic for a few weeks ago when I thought that conflict was the biggest problem facing me. But no - here's a heavy, new ball thrown in to the juggling rotation.

Still though, I rise. Like bread dough or the tides or the price of chocolate, I will always rise to the occasion. And with my usual dose of optimism I consider that this may ultimately be a VERY GOOD thing. The impetus to get myself truly free.

I've been humming lyrics from "The Cave" and it's a good message from my subconscious:

But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck

And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways...

Might not have been the most helpful response in the world, but I burned the newspaper. Watched that problem disappear in drifts of smoke and a lovely glowing ball of red.

I'm eradicating these issues from my life.

No comments: