Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring's Sprung!


Gorgeous weather here today. Although I adore the clouds and rain, this fresh sun is a nice change. I took advantage with a 1.5 mile hike to start my day. My mood is always better and more hopeful when I get enough exercise and outdoor time - it's one of my self-prescribed medications.


April is, as you know, National Poetry Month (here in the U.S.). I'll try to give you some poems over the next few days. I know it's the eleventh, but it feels like the start of the month to me. I'm a slow starter sometimes.


The only poem I have in my own mind is a silly one, something like:

Wonderful Unicorns by Wavering

Rainbow streams frolic and jump

For joy of being alive

Kick up their heels

Wade into Kinetic Waters

Fairly Fairily Airily

Wanting and Wishing

Kissing the passing mists

Of Unbelievably Welcome

Kingdoms of Kindly Light


Yeah, does that make any sense to you? Me either. Sometimes I'm not that great at sense, contrary to my seeminly organized exterior. It's a cute poem though, lighthearted, spontaneous, and fun. Born right here, just this moment, with the magic of these words.


In Spring.

No comments: