Friday, April 8, 2011

Overheard At Coffee Bean...

The 24 year old guy next to me talking on his cell seriously sounds like he's about 15 years old. And in an 80s movie with Sean Penn and Keanu Reeves.

He's talking to a buddy about borrowing cars and dates. "I'm not even gonna say it, Man."

(Indistinct murmuring from other line)

"Dude, I'm not going to say it here. I'm in a Coffee Bean."

And I'm thinking, Yes, please, DON'T say it. I really don't want to know and can't help but overhear. Just hold it back.

Earlier today, a friend was slowly and painstakingly texting me a big secret. Part of me was like, you know, it's okay. Just keep it to yourself and then you won't have to worry about anyone else finding out! And I can get back to my WRITING!

You know what Benjamin Franklin said: Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.

Oh no! I glanced over and inadvertently made eye contact. Now overaged teen guy is trying to talk to me about the passing fire truck. I think he's high. Aack! Look very busy with my typing. Be prepared to close this screen if he starts to peek. I hope those sheriffs ordering coffee will protect me if he gets all Sean Penn v the Paparazzi on me.

See. Writing is a dramatic life option.

2 comments:

crypto nomico said...

So I guess you leave a few tidbits to found out by reading.

Marie said...

Of course! That way my writing gets to carry the story!