Friday, June 5, 2009

Breathe Out, So I Can Breathe You In, Hold You In

is one of my favorite lines from any song.

And today I indulged in one of my favorite activities: blasting down the freeway, listening to a series of rockin' songs.

Every now and then, I have to drive somewhere and everything is simply perfect. Like today. The traffic was flowing fast, the sky was gorgeous, blue studded with meaningfully grey clouds, clouds that promise eternity and longing and completion and peace, and the radio gave me a string of songs that fit together one after the other in a seamless flow of sound and word.

I heard Nirvana, Airborne Toxic Event, Kings of Leon, and Foo Fighters - twice. Everlong seemed just right for the infinite sky... and my mood. I even flipped open my phone camera and shot the scene through my windshield, wanting to hold on to the wildness, the motion and the promise of the moment that would never end.



(I could only embed the acoustic version, but you can enjoy the song in its full glory here.)

No comments: