Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Stella Rosa Red

I cancelled my therapy appointment for this week. Instead, I spent the money on a case of my new favorite wine.

What does this say about me?

That I prefer a dip into oblivion to endless talking that doesn't seem to change anything? At least it's sweet and fruity and cheerful - perfect for the long, light days of new summer, with its promises of sprinklers and swimming, vacations and golden warm skin, late nights and blazing stars.

I'm having a lot of trouble with this never-ending therapy process and trying to reconcile it with Buddhist views that are so comforting in their suggestion to just accept the bleakness for what it is. (The joys as well.)

5 comments:

Corrine said...

I did therapy.

I liked wine better

so, you're in good (or bad?) company

Marie said...

;) I think I'm in fabulous company! Too bad we can't share a bottle (or two or three) - you and Andy would love it!

Michelle Moran said...

Just wanted to stop by to say I'm thinking about you!

Enjoy the wine ;]

Marie said...

Hey you!
I noticed you were back "in town." Thanks for the stop-by. I'm working up an effing storm over here, and totally swamped with a billion end-of-year activities as well.

I'll get in touch and we'll catch up!
Love,
M

Bridge said...

It says that therapy is a good thing, but sometimes we just need to drink a glass of wine and let the issues go.