Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Moment of Rain

Rain pours down from the sky as if a shower had been turned on. It looks like rain in an old-time movie, where a steady sheet of water slices in front of the camera. It is unbearably beautiful.

My daughter and I are tucked up in our living room, working on our respective writing projects. She's crafting a paragraph describing an animal, and I have two bonus projects that are due by tomorrow. We each have a cup of hot tea and a plate of cookies. The fire is crackling quietly and adding cheer and warmth. She stayed home to see her cousins off this morning, and I've enjoyed her company.

My brother, his wife, my niece and nephew were here from Thursday to today. When you add in my parents, our house gets full to bursting, especially in the kitchen/family room area. I loved seeing them and it was a lot of work. There's lots of tidying and meals and snacks when they come. The kids created a lot of activity and a noise level I'm not used to anymore.

I have to say that while I will miss them a lot, I'm quite glad to be back to some work-supporting peace and quiet! Hope wherever it may be raining today, that peace and love will be in the moment as well.

No comments: