Friday, February 1, 2013

Maybe a Baby

One of the bridesmaids just called me. My friend the bride is fine.

She had unexpectedly developed a cyst on her ovary that was causing her some pain. The doctor found it just a week before the wedding. It turned out to look really, really bad and quite dangerous. They even thought it was probably ovarian cancer.

My poor friend came right back from her honeymoon to testing and surgery. If it looked like cancer they planned to perform a full hysterectomy and more. She had to come to terms with the fact that not only might she and her husband have to give up their hopes for a family, but that her life might be in danger.

The surgery just concluded. It was only a benign cyst so they just removed it. She will recover well and can probably have children.

Thank God.

*******
Yesterday, the girls and I went to Nordstrom and picked out a gift for the baby when it is born. I put it on the mantle and concentrated all my good energy around it. Now I can give it to her when I see her again!

No comments: