Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fabulous!

Below my happy and contented surface lurks a person prone to deep depression, insecurity, and crippling anxiety. I strive every day to keep myself in balance, with every choice I make. It is second nature for me now, and it works beautifully. The strategies I use tend to make my life look much easier and care-free than it really is. Which I take as a mark of tremendous success.

One of the biggest compliments I receive is when my friends bemoan their lives to me. It means that they are forgetting – or they just don’t understand – exactly how difficult my own life has felt from the inside. And it means that what I’m doing is on track.

Tonight, I have dinner scheduled with friends. At first, I wasn’t too enthusiastic. Part of me prefers to just lounge on the couch with my cozy family. But my friends are truly fabulous when we get together. We are like the group from Sex and the City in real life. We dine, we whine, we sip amazing cocktails as we make each other laugh and sometimes cry. We are always there for each other, and looking amazing at the same time. My friends are my reward for a life well-lived.

I cannot wait to see them all tonight!

No comments: