Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wheaton!!!

So, knowing the way that way leads on to way, I just bumbled around on the internet and wound up on Wil Wheaton's Twitter account. Just wanted to see for myself what is so great that it pulls in a whole "Wheaton's"* worth of followers.

And I have to conclude: I just don't get it. I DO NOT GET the appeal of Twitter.

It's just choppy to me. And time consuming. And clearly unnecessary as I survive without it on a daily basis.

I know most congresspeople need an account so they can send out inane updates as policies are discussed. And sports stars and celebrities.

But as much as I want to buy in and be enchanted, I'm just not.

I still think that adult Wil Wheaton is a bit creepy, no matter if he has 191, 607 followers or not, although that might be the envy talking...



********
*Twitter followers: Wheaton
The Wheaton is a measurement of Twitter followers relative to celebrity Wil Wheaton.[34][35] The measurement was standardized when Wil Wheaton achieved half a million Twitter followers, with the effect that Wil Wheaton now has 3.4 Wheatons himself. As few Twitter users have millions of followers, the milliwheaton (500 followers) is more commonly used.

No comments: