Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Maybe Man

If you haven't listened to this song yet, you really need to. It is just so beautiful... and catchy too. I love what he's done with the rhythm of the words. I posted it a few days back; you can find it and play it from this blog.

Maybe Man ©2002 Jim Beckwith

I may not be the one you think you’re dreaming of
But in due time I might just be the one you love…

The prince and princess might just find their riches
after time and time again they find each other’s arms.
Older then, we understand
Love is like a castle built of sand.

I'm the maybe man, I maybe can
Be the one to take your hand

You might just find a simple romance in the single slow dance
running several circles in your mind…
The pleasure of this simple treasure not expecting ever
Never, -- ever shrinking over time.

But how to know - how time will flow
To gamble love; might miss a show…

I'm the maybe man, I maybe can
Be the one to take your hand

Do you wait to think you’ve finally found the one
And never really ever learn to craft your love?
And every time you’ve tried to love and lost
You reel in pain and grow more bitter daily til your gone?

We block the pain and try again
To learn at least, to be a friend…
I'm the maybe man, I maybe can
Be the one to take your hand…in love


credits from Maybe Man, released 01 October 2011
Jim Beckwith, guitar and vocals
Charlie Chadwick, recording

No comments: