Friday, December 12, 2008

Always Revising 3

My older daughter stayed home sick. Only she wasn't very. But it's always a hard call in the morning to decide if a complaining child is school-worthy or not.

So I let her stay home, which put yoga class out for me. She had to go with me to do my errands - Farmer's Market and some Christmas shopping.

As previously mentioned, she really was fine so it was nice to have her company.

And also restricting. It meant that I had to pay attention to her instead of just being lost in my thoughts.

Today was a day when I really needed to think. With the weekend coming and then vacation schedule, I'll be back with my family so much of my time. I love them so dearly, but sometimes the effort I put forth on their behalf exhausts me.

When they are older, maybe they will understand how very much I loved them and how very much I cared about their best interests.

Patience, I remind myself. Endurance, Faith. Deep, calming breaths.

No comments: