Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm Here!

Oh, God.

(Is it the weather?) :)

I told myself that if I was diligent and FINISHED the grant I was working on, THEN I could come play on my blog. Hurray!!! I don't even know which post to start with!

I just noticed this: Lately I excel at burning water. So true and so sad.

I put a pan of water on to boil so I can make tea. Then I get absorbed in writing and forget all about it until a smoky stench wafts into my study. Whereas I leap up and find the pan empty and creaking on a red-hot glowing burner. I think it's a very bad thing to do to the pan. Perhaps I should buy a new one - I've probably altered the chemical composition of the one I favor into something highly toxic. I can't live into my 90s if I poison myself.

Today I even set a timer to remind me to actually make the tea... and then I ignored the timer.

Oh well. No breakfast yet.

But at least that darn proposal is finished!

No comments: