Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Always Revising

I'll apologize to most of you for the incomprehensibility of the post below. Sometimes I write to please only myself. I mean, after all, it is MY blog.

But I am capable of writing with clarity and precision. I feel a bit embarrassed after reading Andrew's crystalline prose. Oh well. Process.

I suspect my post needed to go through several more revisions than I have time for.

Just like my day today. It is currently being revised - one of the joys of freelancing. I thought I was going to Upland to work at my main nonprofit client. But I don't feel much like being in an office environment.

I do have two proposals that I must finish and submit. So I think I'll pack it all up, heft my trusty (bulky) laptop and head to the Plaza for waffles and inspiration. (You'll be relieved to know that I'm no longer boiling water when I'm in the house alone. So I'll welcome a cup of hot tea in the cafe, as well.)

A bit of good news that I want to share - I got an excited call from my boss this weekend. One of my grants came through for $20,000 that the organization sorely needs. It feels good to help others help others. :)

Words have amazing power.

3 comments:

Michelle Moran said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! That's huge. They could have given money to anyone, but your writing compelled them to give it to your nonprofit. YAY!!!!!

Unknown said...

victory!

Marie said...

Thanks for your support - you two are the best!