Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Rumination

Hmm. I'm feeling sort of down today. Sleepy and even like I'm getting a cold.

I feel a bit rushed, like I don't have time to work. I think perhaps that's because I committed to sub yoga today and so the unfamiliar time commitment is throwing off my pace. Also, I've gotten busy the last two weeks and I haven't been able to get in to the regular classes I was attending. Undoubtedly that's slowing me down.

It's a good time to check back in with my goals.

Write every day, and have fun with it.
Work every day, only as much as I enjoy it. But try to get good things done with the time I spend.
Take care of all the day-to-day tasks and errands. Check, check. On this day's list - the dinner, the groceries, the bills, and several finance calls. Also need to help the youngest clean her room, and go to gymnastics. Also need to tidy the house. (See, it is quite a bit right there.)
Make a plan for tomorrow. I have a few ideas but no Zing! Sigh. That's probably draining my energy too.


I'm sorta bummed because another big and unexpected expenditure of funds cropped up yesterday. I know that's what money is FOR, but sometimes it just seems like, Wow, will it ever stop? Will we ever get ahead? I'm struggling a bit with it. I know the money has to go into this cause, and the results are important, so it is a good investment. And I need to invest more money this week into my business with the hope of yielding more results there as well. But part of me is resisting and wanting to hold onto the money out of fear and reluctance to spend. Sigh. I know this is what the money is for. I know more money will come. We will work it out. I am truly blessed that I have an income with potential for growth, instead of being fixed. And I have the luxury of time. I have the same 24 hours a day as anybody else, and mine are not committed to a 9-5 position so I'm actually a bit ahead. So okay. I do actually feel a bit better. It's so easy to lose the hope and lose the sense of the way.

I want to do something good in October. In August, I completed 29 straight days of giving. I want October to be like that, but I'm not feeling moved to give again. Maybe I could do something similar but different? I feel like doing something with yoga, work, and writing - something that involves generating and focusing a lot of energy. Hmmm.... ideas?

No comments: