Thursday, August 27, 2009

Aren't They Adorable?




My new shoes! Retro black leather pumps with kitten heels and leather roses. Perfect to go with the black satin scoop-neck mini dress that I'll be wearing tonight -

- to the CONCERT!!

That's right, baby. We're seeing Cake at the Fox Theatre - retro/eclectic/hipster all the way!

If you've never heard anything by Cake (and you probably have, at least a few of their most played tracks) you should check them out. They're masters of the oddball lyrics, off-kilter storytellers to a brass background. My favorite song is Commissioning a Symphony in C, for its fabulous portrayal of hubris, delusion, and fresh beginnings however misguided.

As Cake is his favorite band, the tickets were a birthday present to my husband. The second present is the black vinyl underwear that will complete my outfit. Perfect for our after-party bash at the Hip Kitty Jazz Club where I will have - oops- just a few more Cosmopolitans than may be advisable for the most prudent behavior.

But, shhhh, I didn't tell you that part. It's private. ;)

(I'm the kind of girl who wears black vinyl panties to dance and get drunk in. I'm not sure where this girl was in my twenties, but I'm loving her now! )


4 comments:

green ink said...

Wow! The shoes are gorgeous. I really like Cake too - my favourite is "Never There"! I also really liked their version of "I Will Survive"! Classic! Have a wonderful time xx

Michelle Moran said...

HA! You go! I have to admit, I own several cute pairs of red vinyl pants for just such occasions, but I've never had vinyl underwear.

Marie said...

Hey Grink-
I LOVE I Will Survive! It's the perfect heartbreak song to belt out along with them!

Marie said...

Ah, Mich, my soul sister...