Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On My Way

I just got one of the best emails ever!

Remember I told you that I was taking another writing class? I've been so busy with the start of school, my husband's birthday, and all my business writing that I haven't had any time for my fiction.

It's too bad because I have the start of three super stories jingling around in my head, and I'm trying not to lose them before I can sit down and do them justice.

Keep your promises, Keep your promises, she hissed, staring into the crackling fire before her. Her fingers worked steadily, crumbling the silvery-green leaves onto the flames.

That's the start of one. I think she's a witch; maybe it's Fantasy genre. Not sure yet.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to write. So when my assignment was due this week, I leafed through my old files, looking for a story or excerpt that would meet the lesson criteria. The one I chose I barely remembered writing, two or three years ago. I didn't remember that I had revised it several times.

Which meant that when I opened it up and read it, I thought, Wow, this story is done!

And today, my writing teacher said the same thing!! He said that is read like a completed story and was ready for publication. That I should send it out.

Confirmation. Validation. Encouragement. Yay!!

Tomorrow I can start looking for a home for it.

Without the homework deadline of the class, I wouldn't have revisited this story. I told you I'd sell something this fall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EXCELLENT!

Michelle Moran said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Oh... and not surprised ;]