Friday, August 21, 2009

Blue Thoughts

Often when I notice unhappiness start to creep up on me, in the guise of over-thinking or anxious habits or whatever, it's because there's some underlying need that is asking to be addressed.

Such was the case last weekend. Trailing down the path of my obsessive thoughts led to the destination of desiring more contact with my husband. What with the rushes and routines of the starting school year, we simply weren't having as much time with each other as we did this summer.

It all snapped into focus for me when I was reading another great find from that yard sale - Best Women's Erotica 09 edited by Violet Blue. I put the book down and found myself discontent, ill at ease. Hmm. I was jealous.

I was convinced that everybody else was having all the fun (and writing about it!) while I was missing the party. Bingo. Once I pulled the need out into my conscious mind, it was simple enough to fix.

(See earlier post about the ease of spicing up a lagging sex life!)

Two hours of recreating the best events in the story, plus several repeat performances, put me into a MUCH better mood. There's nothing like a good, um, burst of quality time together to clear the mental, physical, and emotional channels!

No comments: