Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Pleasing Possibility

I just received a very nice invitation to submit work from Daniel Dragomirescu, the editor of a new journal called Contemporary Literary Horizon.

Being quite the skeptic about online offers-that-sound-a-bit-too-good, I approached the accompanying website with healthy hesitation. But I found a fabulous new literary venture.

To use their own description, Contemporary Literary Horizon is:

A European independent bi-lingual Literary Journal of Poetry and Prose in the English and the Romanian language published in Bucharest, Romania
- : -
CONTEMPORAN LITERAR ORIZONT Revistă de cultură şi spiritualitate contemporană

It looks so intriguing. I've never read Romanian poems before, but there's one by poet Ana Blandiana called The Closed Eye that I found insightful and evocative. Check it out and give the website a browse to see what you think.

I'm considering subscribing, just because I have such a soft spot for the underdog and for people who are following their blissful passion despite obstacles. It's not easy to get a new journal off the ground!

I wish them every success.

No comments: