Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Prosperity Calling

I was lying in bed the other night, leafing through the spell section of a book on Wiccan craft.

Okay, that's a bit of a story. We were at this fantastic yard sale, where a PhD candidate was selling all of her books as well as her household bits to facilitate an interstate move. She had toys from her baby daughter, green gauze and glitter strap-on butterfly wings that my daughter pounced on and immediately wore, and books, books, and books - literary studies, fantasy, short story anthologies. One mere quarter each. We filled our trunk.

Among the haul was the Wicca Handbook. Although I'm not a follower, sometimes books just call out to me. I do have witchcraft (or healing or theraputic impulses, whatever you prefer to call it) in my blood, going back through my mother's father to our German ancestry.


I can't be Wiccan though. Have you ever looked at the craft? There are so many supplies, and things to learn, and special days, and rituals - there's just no way I have the time to follow such a complicated spiritual system. So I browse.


And I was reading along, musing about how the positive energy that you send out into the universe and to each other is probably the pivotal aspect of spells, when the phone unexpectedly rang.


After 9:30. PM. Which is late in my house.

I picked it up expecting some sort of crisis. Instead, I found out that I got the job!!!!!!!


The prison ministry group decided to hire me. I'm starting with a $400 project and we'll go from there. HURRAY!


These last few months, I have made more money from my writing business than ever. I finally make enough to support my family, if need ever arises. Ever since I left teaching, it has been a long slog trying to find a lucrative place for myself in the world. I have patiently and steadfastly continued to try over and over until finally I have built this.


My own growing business! Increased income! Positive energy galore!!


I knew I could do it, if I was only given enough faith and time, belief in myself and my sincere intentions. And I did.

Why can't I, huh? I can, and I will.

Now I choose how to enjoy my windfall in this life I'm living.

4 comments:

Michelle Moran said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! They made a fantastic choice :]

Unknown said...

Congrats!! No one deserves success more in my book.

Marie said...

Yay - I'm in YOUR book?? That's a GREAT honor! ;)

Seriously, you two are like my cheering section. Thanks so much, guys.

Love,
M

Ursula said...

Congratulations from me too.

I love to see that you are still writing......

Greetings from Germany.