Friday, April 6, 2012

Comment

For all my fretting, I really do love my job. It stuns me still that I get to sit around (or stand around) in various places, moving information from one form to another and get handsomely paid. Yes, I do get stressed. Yes, I do procrastinate when I'm stressed. But any job involves work - that's just the nature of working.

One thing I'm noticing right now. Character counts are tricky to me. I have a pretty good intuitive sense of word counts - I know how much text 100 words is or 200 words or 500 words. But when the application limits characters, I'm lost. I have no working idea of how much writing equals 2000 characters. Then I have to think about if I want to use big words or littler ones, and even where I want to put or omit spaces.

Tricky, huh?

No comments: