Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Countdown to Christmas - Giving Day One

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When I pulled into my favorite section of the Target parking lot, I noticed that I had parked next to my good friend's minivan. I scribbled a quick hello note and stuck it on her windshield, and sure enough, we crossed paths in the store as well.

Thirty minutes later, we were both at school, picking up our daughters. Her daughter wanted to come over so I agreed. I just had to go pick up the take-out Thai I had ordered for lunch. Then my friend said that she would come over too, and hang out until the next pick-up time. So I called the restaurant and ordered more food.

My friend took the girls to my house, while I scooped up the hot rice, soup and other goodies. Then, back in my kitchen, I spread it all out on the center island and we had a mini-Thai buffet. Our older daughters joined us after school and it was like a small party.

It wasn't my plan to have people over or to feed them, but it worked out to be a lot of fun.

Seems like I got a few nice gifts today as well.

No comments: