Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just the Usual Tasks

I just don't have much to say lately.

I'm in one of those cycles where I'm super busy, so I'm literally ticking through 20 and 30 item to do lists each day. One daughter's on vacation all this week, so it's been fun to have her with me. She's a good, quick helper as I try to get errands done.

I've been working with the two other bridesmaids to pull together a quick shower for our friend. It's taken a lot of time to find the location, plan a theme and get invitations made. We're all caught up though and on a good track now. December is booking up fast. In addition to this shower, I'm invited to two others, plus a big dinner party, plus hosting a dinner party and that's just two of the weekends in the month.

We're traveling this weekend and I'm trying to get everything ready for the trip, as well as leave the house completely clean so that we can come back and move right into Thanksgiving. We're cooking for our families as usual, so I have to even grocery shop for everything before we leave.

I also take the Christmas presents for my brother's family, so I've been working to bring those out of storage and get them sorted out and wrapped, along with gifts for my father's birthday, and our small family celebration, all of which we'll do this weekend as well.

And I've been making sure the car is ready. Got it washed, fixed the alignment, rotated the tires, that kind of thing. There's a lot of errands in day-to-day life.

Also, I went through all our credit cards and got updated amounts, and figured out how to shift some balances around for optimal stability as we pay those down. And I had to find all the recent home sales in our section of town and send a report on that to the bank as part of our effort to refinance. The appraisal on our home came back surprisingly low, $50,000 below the actual October selling price of the identical house behind us, so I'm trying to see if they'll re-evaluate that. Otherwise, no refi.

Sometimes I'm really not sure if I work in writing or finance. Depends on the day I suppose.

No comments: