Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shinier

I got my hair cut an hour ago, and now it's all swingy and shiny and fabulous. I took a risk at my last appointment and gave up a good bit of length for a new style (which is actually back to my older style). After several years of having longer, straighter hair, I like the fluff and motion.

Yesterday, I paused after doing my makeup and before going out for my errands. I took a long look at myself in the mirror, and was quite pleased with what I saw. Even though I'm older, even though I have lovely wrinkles and have gained weight, I feel the most beautiful I've ever been in my entire life. I don't often look deeply into my own eyes, but when I do, the fire is still there. The spark of knowing that sets me apart from most of the others, the depth swirling below the amber-gold-green smoulder. The sum of my experiences shines out from me; that's where the beauty comes from.

No comments: