Friday, November 9, 2012

Hmm, I'm Not Sure if This is Helping...

So when I have a lot to do -- in other words, every day -- I like to make to do lists. It helps me relax and focus if I get all the items out of my mind and down onto paper. It's almost a way of releasing them from my thoughts.

On paper, I can see the scope and range of tasks, and I can sort items by priority, time-sensitivity, and ease of completion. I usually make a numbered list in three or four big categories, like Work, Home, Finances, Other, then go down each list in order getting stuff done.

Typical, right?

So this week, I've had so much on my mind, I just keep making to-do lists. I have five, yes five, separate lists sitting on my desk now. They all contain pretty much identical items, with maybe a few outlier tasks here or there.

It's so funny. I don't even know WHICH of the lists I'm supposed to be following.

So the first thing I have to do today? Make a new collated list that incorporates everything, and throw the others away. Hmm, no wonder I don't get stuff done.

No comments: