Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bits and Pieces of the Week

Went to the revised Science Fair at my daughter's school today to celebrate her hard work and take the requisite "I'm your doting Mom" photos of her next to her display board. Her friends too. They're a good group, and we've been incredibly lucky to have such close friendships with supportive families.
******
This week has still been really busy. Science project on Monday, ortho appointment Tuesday, Wednesday was a minimum day - although I did get a good bit done, and actually WROTE a whole picture book story!-, today was Science Fair, plus I subbed a yoga class for a sick teacher at noon. So I've pretty much been running all week. I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep and a calm, even boring, weekend. Sounds nice right now.
********
Tomorrow I have a conference with a client. I'm a week behind on a plan I needed to do for them. And I'm still procrastinating on it. Bleah. Don't I get excused since I've been such a good and devoted parent? I even made soup for dinner. I suppose it depends if I hope to get paid again or not, huh?
**********
I've been thinking a lot about ADHD. Noticing how it affects my older daughter and how it affects me. At least now I understand why her homework has always taken her hours and hours to complete. I'm surprised I didn't figure it out before honestly. I think her good memory and intelligence has always masked the symptoms to some degree. For me too. So I was reading about homework and study tips for those with ADHD, trying to figure out ways she can improve her concentration and speed. But then I got bored, so I decided to blog. True story. I told my daughter and she started to laugh about my own ADHD-specialness.
****************
Good night and wishing only happiness and plenty of dopamine to all.

No comments: