Monday, January 28, 2013

Focus

Here's the thing with the ADD...

Often I feel like I want to be doing two or three things at the same time. So I'll be working on one project, but want to be doing another. Or writing a story but want to blog. Even sometimes when I watch tv, I want to watch two shows... at the same time.

But then not at the SAME time as I wouldn't enjoy either one. Actually I generally don't like that kind of cluttery noise.

So that's a bit distracting. I'm trying to concentrate on one thing, and thoughts of another keep cropping up.
Hmmm...

Do you ever feel that perhaps you are not the most competent person to be left to manage all the details of life? I do sometimes. Sometimes I walk from room to room of my house and I am reminded of various tasks - laundry, bills, work, writing, getting my daughters more organized - and I just feel overwhelmed. Like really somebody besides me should be in charge of these things. You know? :)

At least I have good friends. I'm actually really looking forward to teaching yoga today. And just now a friend called to say she's coming to class, and she's bringing another friend with her. So that will be nice. And another friend wanted to meet for coffee. But she can't do it after yoga, so we'll meet later this week. So that's at least two coffee dates I already have lined up.

Yeah. I'm not lonely. The only challenge is trying to stay focused enough to get what I need to get done, done.

No comments: