Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Work Week

B stayed home sick yesterday, and I felt pretty bleah myself. Nothing really wrong, just both of us run down and tired. That made yesterday more of a lounging day than a work day.

We had a pleasant time. After we both fell back asleep til past 9 am, we went to my yoga class and then out for lunch. I made the mistake of letting her take me into the mall. I simply cannot NOT buy things. It's horrible. But what we got is so cute. I bought a birthday shirt for my sister-in-law, an Avengers comic book belt for S (ostensibly a Christmas present, but I gave it to him already and he's wearing it today. I knew he'd like it), and a Wonder Woman shirt for B. We're having a bit of a superheroes obsession at the moment.

Then Hollister was having a really good sale, and their shirts are cute and super-trendy so I got some of those for the girls. I did manage not to buy myself anything that I don't really need. Even though I found a few gorgeous necklaces and some nice perfume. I think I'm on the verge of vowing to stop shopping for myself until we straighten out our finances.

With this cut in income, we should really tighten our belts -- even the new ones! -- and cut our expenses. Boring! But maybe necessary. I'd like to spend the rest of this year and 2013 making a good effort to get ahead on everything.

In any case, I did a great job yesterday as a mom. I really enjoyed being with B and it's nice to spend some time together just the two of us. I made three meals yesterday, cleaned the house a bit, did three loads of laundry, and fed animals. I just didn't do any work at all. Hardly even touched my computer.

So today feels like the start of the week and a very slow one to me too. I have a lot to tackle and it's a bit overwhelming. But... soonest started soonest ended.

I'll work here a bit, then go to B&N and bribe myself with an apple tart, then yoga, then groceries, then pick up, then get dinner going, then back here for more work. Five hours today. At least, that's my plan.

No comments: