Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wrapping It Up

A month ago we held a meeting where the majority vote, strongly supported by the organization staff, was to discontinue the annual fundraiser that I work with extensively each spring.

I've finally made myself type up the minutes of that meeting and distribute them to the key 30 people who have worked for this event year after year. Even though I'm not being paid for that time and effort, it felt important to me to communicate with everybody and effectively close the event off.

Obviously it's a bit hard. I truly enjoy working with these warm, wonderful people annually. But as I looked over my files and checked my facts and figures, I also am aware just how much work this event involves and what a hassle it is. I put in a lot of effort this last year - really gave it my very best - and I got paid well for that. So I'm at peace with it. I know I've worked hard, and I can accept that sometimes it is simply time for a change. The old fades away, and something new comes in to replace it.

I'm very curious to see what new possibilities will come up in the next six months. Maybe something even fresher and more vital.

No comments: