Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Giving - Day 1

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm giving consciously today. The first opportunity was easy. I bought some new underwear for my daughter. I've been asking her for a while if she needs any. Every time I do, she just says, "God, Mom! You're embarrassing! Stop talking about underwear."

So while I was at Target, I picked out a nice pack that I thought she would like. I tossed it to her when she came home from school and I was putting everything away. She just rolled her eyes.

(But she took them to her room and put them away. So I think that's a success.)

The second opportunity was also easy. I was crossing the street, and a ragged, thin woman on the corner asked me for money. So I thought, A-ha, a giving chance! and I gave her a dollar.

I cleaned out my fridge and my freezer and threw away some very old and stale food to make more space in it. It even went into the big bin before the trash truck came.

No comments: