Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Mindful Giving - Day Twenty-One

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I wasn't sure what I wanted to give today. I like to take the day as it comes and see what opportunity arises. My friend decided it for me with another emergency. This time she's worried about her daughter.

It seems that while my friend has been preoccupied with her uncertain relationships and romantic issues, her teen daughter has been falling in with a different crowd of friends. Now she's admitting that she's a pot user. My friend is horrified and scared; she wants to react in the best way and help her daughter stay out of trouble.

My gift for the day is again the gift of time and assistance. When my friend texted me, I stopped my work and texted her back. I went online and found some resources for her, plus a bunch of great info for parents at theantidrug.com. I offered to meet with her whenever she needs to talk. I'm sure they are going to work it out. It's a good wake up call that her kids need her full-time attention and support.
*********
I didn't really clean anything special today yet. I washed dishes and finished the guinea pig cage. I re-did the kitchen floor, but this time it was quick and easy. Of course I did laundry. Does any of that count? If not, I'll try to find a drawer or something a bit later...

No comments: