Monday, August 27, 2012

Mindful Giving - Day Twenty-Seven

Monday, August 27, 2012

There's been a spate of birthdays lately among my friends and loved ones. Another one of my friends had her day on Saturday. I hoped to drop a gift off by her house, but on Saturday, we were running a bit slow and a bit late. I didn't want to add hectic obligations to slow our attempts to get out of town.

So I let it go until today. This is the first day of the week. I missed my friend just by a couple of minutes picking up our younger daughters. Back at home, I realized that if I saw her again, it would be the perfect time to hand over her gift.

It was a lovely silver Liz Claiborne necklace, neutral but bright. Like me, she likes scarves and necklaces and autumn-colored shirts. I tucked it into a special box and swaddled it into white-sparkle and lavender tissue paper in a bright pink birthday bag. When she pulled into the parking lot, she was thrilled to see her present swinging from my hand.

Another day... another gift.

Two days left to go now until I hit 29. I hope the energy I'm building is a positive wave into a fabulous future.

No comments: