Monday, August 13, 2012

Mindful Giving - Day Twelve

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A sweet lady I work with at one of my nonprofits had a birthday today. So I made sure to sit down and write her out a nice little message of celebration and appreciation and send it off to her.

Also, even though I didn't want to, I called my sister-in-law and put forth the effort to really be present and enjoy chatting with her. I've been planning our annual autumn trip to the Central Coast. Their family goes, my family and my parents. Since my brothers' two kids were born, it's turned out to be necessary to rent a house together instead of set of hotel rooms. It just gives way more space - and handy access to food 24 hours a day - for a better price.

Most of the research and planning of the rental falls on me. At first, it seemed like M didn't like my choice of homes, but after I actually talked to her, she seemed perfectly agreeable. She even thanked me for doing so much work - which always feels nice to be appreciated.

She's a tough nut to crack, friendship-wise, but I realized that I should keep putting in the effort and trying to be there for her.

No comments: