Monday, August 20, 2012

Mindful Giving - Day Nineteen

Sunday, August 19, 2012

After our big trip yesterday, today we have mostly hung around the house. I've made a couple of meals; J has lounged; B has cleaned the yard like a fiend while roping S in to help her.

Even on a mellow day, I like to get out of the house for a while. My gift was that I took the time to leave home and go to the store to buy all the groceries we will need for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners this week. I had an invitation to meet a friend for coffee. Instead, I invited J to go with me so that she could be doing something more active for a while. I really preferred just to spend some nice time with her.

We went to Target first, and I bought a new laundry basket for my never-ending series of clothes washing. She asked for one of her own, so I bought her one as well. It was a nice evening, simply running errands together and chatting. The grocery store was playing a bunch of eighties tunes from my high school days so she and I were discussing music and groups.

I was glad to be low-key with her, and leave my friend's problems for another day.

***********
I cleaned all the old food out of the refrigerator and organized all of the new groceries.

No comments: